Monday, October 18, 2010

Banksy tattoo



A good friend that I grew up with has recently come to me a few times to do his tattoos along with his very lovely wife. While I was working on his wife giving her a new butterfly, my friend was obviously itching to get a new one as well. Not wanting him to rush into the ink, I had him go home to do some research for his new tattoo.

The tattoo he finally decided to get is based off the art of Banksy. Banksy is a British graffiti artist known for his political street art and distinct stenciling images who's identity has yet to be confirmed.

The image he chose was the silouette of a young girl with a heart balloon floating above her. Being a big Banksy fan myself, I was thrilled to do the tattoo! After a little deliberation on size and location, he finally decided to put the tattoo his bicep.

He was very happy with the final outcome and said that he take a break from tattoos for a little while, but that's what he said last month.....I think he will back sooner than he thinks!

No comments: